Cohort are looking for staff
NO FEATURED IMAGE FOUND
I received an email from Cohort Studios today letting me know that they are currently looking for staff.
Cohort are an independent interactive entertainment studio based in Dundee and they currently have openings for a 3D artist, Lead Programmer and Head of Production.
Must have a passion for games, and have a thorough understanding of creating cutting edge artwork within the technical restrictions of game engines. Artists must understand that the game engine is the medium, and take responsibility for making sure the work complies with all technical and pipeline requirements. Artists must be able to demonstrably show their artistic ability, and be able to work within a team of different disciplines, and collaborate.
- Create and produce artwork to a high standard as directed
- Strong understanding of art theory such as shape, proportion, light and colour
- 3D Modelling of hard and soft subject matter
- Creating texture sets for next gen shaders, such as diffuse, normal, specular Lighting
- Maya, Max, Photoshop, Zbrush
- Good communication skills
- Willing to learn new techniques
- Experience of Havok and Havok Destruction a bonus
- Animation experience a bonus
Must have a passion for games, and work with all disciplines as part of a Leads team, taking responsibility for the technical design and direction and implementation of the title and ensuring the whole team works smart and makes best use of available technology to produce the best games possible.
- Direct, manage and inspire a team of programmers
- Possess excellent programming skills with extensive experience in a variety of languages.
- Experience in developing for next-gen platforms
- Great communication skills
- Schedule the coding team, working cross discipline to fulfil all milestone requirements
- Contribute to the overall design and feel of the project
- Excellent problem solving skills and able to think of solutions quickly.
- Create progress/risk reports
- Promote company core values
- Maintain coding standards
Head of Production
The ideal candidate must have a passion for games and be able to work alongside the Creative Director on live projects as well as take primary responsibility for the creation and tracking of project schedules and budgets and management of the project Production Assistants. As part of the Management Team, they will be expected to assist in the day to day running of the company and ensure that production information provided to the Management Team is accurate and reflective of the current situation.
- Prior production experience in managing large cost projects and teams successfully is essential
- Previous industry experience preferable, however applications from other Creative Industries including broadcasting will be considered
- Full capability and knowledge of project scheduling processes, techniques, methodologies and software essential
- The ability to excel in building good working relationships across the company
- The ability to be pro-active, prioritise and meet deadlines under pressure
- Have strong communication skills to deal with the project team, the management team and Board of Directors as well as the ability to be able to effectively communicate with clients
About Cohort Studios
Cohort is an independent interactive entertainment studio based in Dundee Scotland, that specialise in experiences that appeal to a wide audience and that are accessible for players of different skill levels. As a studio we have specific expertise in developing for PlayStation 3, PSP, PlayStation Network, PlayStation 2 and PC platforms.
A key element of our business strategy is to be ‘Partners in Development’. Using a core team approach, we look to partner and collaborate with other companies and studios rather than staff up internally which increases overheads and depersonalises the culture; we take our working culture and quality of life seriously. Recent continued growth and multiple projects has led to us moving to brand new offices overlooking the River Tay in Dundee within the cities Digital Media Park, where we continue to use our proprietary technology to create high production value products.
Our You Can Play philosophy informs and drives our design processes and development methodologies. We create experiences that are ‘easy’ to enjoy but complex to master, and look to interface and communicate with the player in unique ways with the emphasis on accessibility; an inclusive approach that appeals to wide audiences and players of different abilities by providing layers and depth. You Can Play also gives us a team-centric approach to development and encourages individual ownership in our projects. It also motivates and fosters a culture of creative collaboration where everyone is treated as a valued and creative individual and vision holder.
For further information on these roles or to send us your application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org