Cohort are looking for staff
I received an email from Cohort Studios today letting me know that they are currently looking for staff.
Cohort are an independent interactive entertainment studio based in Dundee and they currently have openings for a 3D artist, Lead Programmer and Head of Production.
Must have a passion for games, and have a thorough understanding of creating cutting edge artwork within the technical restrictions of game engines. Artists must understand that the game engine is the medium, and take responsibility for making sure the work complies with all technical and pipeline requirements. Artists must be able to demonstrably show their artistic ability, and be able to work within a team of different disciplines, and collaborate.
- Create and produce artwork to a high standard as directed
- Strong understanding of art theory such as shape, proportion, light and colour
- 3D Modelling of hard and soft subject matter
- Creating texture sets for next gen shaders, such as diffuse, normal, specular Lighting
- Maya, Max, Photoshop, Zbrush
- Good communication skills
- Willing to learn new techniques
- Experience of Havok and Havok Destruction a bonus
- Animation experience a bonus
- Direct, manage and inspire a team of programmers
- Possess excellent programming skills with extensive experience in a variety of languages.
- Experience in developing for next-gen platforms
- Great communication skills
- Schedule the coding team, working cross discipline to fulfil all milestone requirements
- Contribute to the overall design and feel of the project
- Excellent problem solving skills and able to think of solutions quickly.
- Create progress/risk reports
- Promote company core values
- Maintain coding standards
- Prior production experience in managing large cost projects and teams successfully is essential
- Previous industry experience preferable, however applications from other Creative Industries including broadcasting will be considered
- Full capability and knowledge of project scheduling processes, techniques, methodologies and software essential
- The ability to excel in building good working relationships across the company
- The ability to be pro-active, prioritise and meet deadlines under pressure
- Have strong communication skills to deal with the project team, the management team and Board of Directors as well as the ability to be able to effectively communicate with clients
For further information on these roles or to send us your application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org