Amp up the community – with your voice and support we can make Dundee better for everyone!
Creative communities are vital to Dundee’s growing reputation as a global cultural hub. We’ve created the Amps project to involve everyone in creating a better way to build Dundee’s local creative scene, our communities and the future of the city.
This is not another membership programme, this is about using our collective forces to grow, nurture and celebrate creativity in Dundee for everyone. Most importantly, your support enables us to grow an innovative Community Ideas Fund, a cash award each October to kick-start a new collaboration between two or more Amps to benefit the city. You decide which project to award the funding to. Funding and voting is open to all Amps wherever you are.
Over one hundred individuals and organisations have joined our Amps Supporters, we greatly appreciate everyone’s support and you can find details of the Amps Supporters here.
Amps is a close knit community of individuals and organisations who are actively interested in the direction of the city and share a strong sense of belonging to the city’s creative scene.
– Amps supporter.
Becoming a Creative Dundee Amp:
Along with supporting the city’s creativity, the benefits include:
- A Community Ideas Fund awarded once a year to enable a new collaboration between Amps. 50% of your support goes towards this, so the more Amps there are, the bigger the Fund for Dundee will be! Find out more about the recipients of the 2017 Fund here.
- An Annual Amps Forum to get together, celebrate and reflect on the past year, share what you do and your views on culture/creativity and Dundee’s scene. Join the night virtually also.
- Regular Amps Breakfasts and Meet-Up events to meet other Amps, find new collaborators for the Community Ideas Fund, share updates on what you do and get behind the scenes insights into all the different things that Creative Dundee is developing in the city.
- An Online Community to share news, events and opportunities with other Amps, as well as to look for support and suggest discussion topics. Already an Amp? Join our Amps Facebook group here.
- Greater accessibility to digital content and events – your support enables us to have British Sign Language interpreters at future Pecha Kucha Nights, caption our original video content and enable people who might find it a challenge to attend our events.
- Pecha Kucha Night priority booking / reduced price tickets – As tickets increase for the first time in 4 years to £7, they will stay at £5 for Amps supporters.
- Special alerts to take part in events, new projects and behind the scenes opportunities.
- Amps pin badge – a lovely designed enamelled pin, just for you.
You can choose to pay monthly or annually through either PayPal or Go Cardless, simply click through the option you would prefer below:
£40/year or £4/month
£20/year or £2/month
£100/year or £10/month
£200/year or £20/month
pay what you like...
If the cost is a barrier to becoming an Amp, you may still be able to join us thanks to Pay it Forwarders and City Supporters, also, if you would prefer to be invoiced for your Amps support, or would like to discuss a different form of support just let us know.
You can find our current Amps Supporters here.
Future Amps Dates:
Amps Meet-Up: 7pm – 9pm, 6 September 2018.
Amps Breakfast: 8am – 9.30am, 4 October 2018.
Community Ideas Fund (CIF) applications open: 6 September 2018.
CIF Application deadline / deadline to become an Amp to be eligible to apply: 18 October 2018, midnight.
Amps Annual Forum 2018 / Community Ideas Funds awarded: 25 October 2018, evening.