The MIX IN: Food. Drink. Creativity.
Creative Dundee and The Scotland Food and Drink Network are delighted to bring you The MIX IN on 5th May, a new event to connect, showcase and inspire local food, drink, creative and digital businesses.
We may work with different raw ingredients, materials and tools, but we all have to continually innovate and inject creative thinking into our businesses to keep our products, services and experiences relevant.
The MIX IN will give you the chance to show your work, connect with others and hear a number of Pecha Kucha talks on a range of topics including the art of creating memorable experiences, design and branding, being a digital native, and the exciting intersection of food and art.
Pecha Kucha presenters include:
- Emily Dewhurst, Founder – Kitchen Press – independent publisher specialising in food writing, creating bespoke illustrated cookbooks.
- Ross Brown, Founder – LovSushi – Japanese inspired Scottish sushi catering.
- Liz Ramsay, Director – Do Something Delicious – the online food and drink experiential marketplace.
- Jason Morenikeji, Founder – Urban Farming Company – linking leading edge technology and food production.
- Iain Stirling, Co-Founder – Arbikie – Scottish distillery producing both white and brown spirits.
- Lyall Bruce, Designer – Sooper Double D – graphic design and illustration.
- Lynne Wardle, Founder –– a space to share experiences, eat, meet people and try your hand at something new.
- Caroline Inchyra, Founder – The Byre at Inchyra – a stunning rustic barn venue and location of our event!
- Anna Lamotte, Founder – Guardswell Farm – Opening 2016, it will be a multipurpose rural venue, offering rural skills courses and Nordic style huts.
- Donald Reid, Editor – The List – founder of The Larder publications, covering the food and drink scene of Scotland.
Open Call for Creatives: open call for visual artists, designers and makers. All disciplines welcome!
What would be your ideal meal? Is it about the ingredients? The way it looks? The people you share it with? The place you can find it? The process of making it?
Using all kind of techniques and materials (edible or not), we invite you to illustrate your ideal meal. Your artwork doesn’t have to be composed of authentic food and drinks and if you’d like, include the recipe!
Your artwork will exhibited on the night and there will be prizes too!
How to take part:
– You must be able to come in person or arrange for someone to bring and install your artwork at the event.
– Then simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information: full name, business name (optional), contact telephone number, title of artwork and specific requirements for exhibiting artwork.
Food, Drink and Hospitality businesses: please do bring along tasters, samples and give demonstrations on the night – if you’d like to do this please contact email@example.com. We’ll also be showcasing all of your products and services at the event in a unique way – more details will be sent to you after register to attend!
As the local region develops as a creative and foodie destination, there will be plenty of opportunities during the evening to share your own ideas, develop collaborations and even taste some local produce.
The venue for the event is the stunning barn, The Byre on the Inchyra Estate near Perth. It has vaulted timber roofs, rough stone walls, original stone cattle troughs, and the old sunken cattle court; and although rustic it has now been fully renovated and lovingly restored complete with state of the art technology and lighting.
Through this free event with refreshments provided, we aim to ensure those working within the local food, drink and creative industries are well connected, visible and continue to thrive.
MIX IN – Inspiring Ingredients
Food. Drink. Creativity.
Date: Tuesday 5th May 2015
Time: 6pm – 9.30pm (event starts at 6.30pm)
Venue: The Byre at Inchyra, Glencarse, Perth, Perthshire, PH2 7LU
Refreshments will be provided on arrival.
Free places must be booked in advance here: https://mixin.eventbrite.co.uk