Craft Scotland announces partnership with American Craft Council
Craft Scotland are delighted to announce a partnership with the American Craft Council (ACC) for a Scottish showcase during the ACC’s show in Baltimore, US. The Craft Scotland team now invite makers working in all disciplines to apply for a space in their showcase by Thursday 5th May.
Craft Scotland has been invited to showcase during the 2017 show’s retail days, from Friday 24 to Sunday 26 February 2017. The participation will be promoted by the ACC as a new show highlight for 2017, and it will be the first time that the show has been open to makers living and working outside of the US and Canada.
Craft Scotland will take around 20 makers to the show. Each maker will have their own eight by eight foot space, which will be part of a larger Craft Scotland presence. Applications from established and emerging makers who produce affordable, high-quality craft across a range of price points and disciplines are welcome. This is a great opportunity for makers wishing to sell their work directly to an American audience. While the retail part of the show is specifically focused on sales to the public, there may also be opportunities to sell directly to trade.
Craft Scotland will:
- Promote the event and the makers taking part on our website and through social media
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the American Craft Council’s PR agency to promote the makers selected for the show
- Produce printed literature
- Maintain communication throughout the project with the successful makers
- Provide support during the show; including at set-up and take-down
- Provide a cashier to take all retail sales for makers at the show
- Cover the cost of shipping work to and from Baltimore (from the Craft Scotland office)
- Evaluate and report on the show
You will be expected to:
- Meet deadlines as set out below and those issued following the selection process
- Maintain communication throughout the project with the Craft Scotland team
- Deliver to and collect your work from the Craft Scotland office, Coburg Street, Edinburgh
- Staff your space at the show for its duration and be available to set up and break down your space
- Promote the show and your involvement through your networks e.g. buyers, collectors, interested parties through your website, via social media, via mail outs etc.
- Mention Craft Scotland in your own marketing including on your website, CV etc.
- Provide feedback as requested
You can find out more information and the online application form on the Craft Scotland website or by clicking here. The deadline for applications is Thursday 5 May.