Creating Care Forum Summary
The Creating Care Forum was a one day workshop and platform exploring the opportunities of collaboration between healthcare and the creative industries. Produced in partnership between Creative Dundee, Creative Scotland and the Academic Health Science Partnership in Tayside, the day featured exemplar case studies, discussions and practical workshop sessions to establish high level engagement between senior policy makers in both sectors.
The forum hosted by Creative Dundee, was held on Tuesday 24 January 2017 at DCA, in Dundee. The day aimed to:
- Establish effective health and creative industries interaction at a strategic level.
- Turn Realistic Medicine into practice – with Tayside leading the ‘how’.
- By the end of the event – have a clear sense of the structured approach and the best mechanisms to support the next steps.
This summary report briefly outlines the topics of each speaker’s presentation, key points from the workshops, and the proposed next steps. Further resources include:
- Slides from the Forum can be viewed and downloaded from Slideshare here.
- Social media coverage from the Forum can be viewed as a Storify here.
- View and download the Summary Report from the Forum here.
Clive Gillman, Director of Creative Industries, Creative Scotland.
Catherine Calderwood, Chief Medical Officer for Scotland.
Aidan Moesby, Visual Artist, whose practice sits at the intersection of the visual arts, wellbeing and increasingly, technology.
Jeni Lennox, Designer and long term visiting tutor to the Glasgow School of Art product design department.
Carol Sinclair, Ceramic Artist, who creates a platform for discussion about dementia, especially from a carers perspective.
Rodney Mountain, Tayside ENT Surgeon, working at the interface of the creative industries and healthcare.
Shobhan Thakore, Clinical Lead for the Scottish Quality & Safety Fellowship, NHS Education for Scotland.
Hazel White and Mike Press of Open Change led a half day workshop during the forum to both illustrate the service design approach and also to help establish our joint goals across the health care and creative industries disciplines.
Gillian Easson, Director, Creative Dundee hosted the day and worked in partnership with the partners, Creative Scotland and the Academic Health Science Partnership in Tayside to run the event.
View and download the Summary Report from the Forum here.