Here’s a full breakdown of opportunities, events and content available in Dundee over December! Subscribe to our News Mail Out and receive updates each month.
- Hotchpotch, a monthly open-mic night where writers are encouraged to read their work, takes to the stage for the final event of the year. Join them on Wednesday 14 December.
- Enjoy an evening of musical wonder on Wednesday 14 December at El Search: 3×3 and the Big Nine – 9 musicians, 3 trios, spontaneous music created live!
- View new work by artist Joanna Craig at Gallery 48 with a public show opening Wednesday 14 December at 7pm. All welcome!
- Celebrate the festive season with ScrapAntics at their Winter Celebration ’22 on Saturday 17 December. Enjoy art, food, fun and play for free and open to all.
- Join the team behind the making of the V&A Dundee’s exhibition ‘Sincerely, Valentines’ on Thursday 8 December for a free talk exploring the social value of archives and collections.
- Get into the Christmas spirit with sing-a-long carols and festive cheer at the Blend Festive Open Mic, Friday 9 December.
- Head to Hospitalfield on Saturday 10 December for Clay: Angus Makers Fair where twelve Angus ceramicists and potters will be selling their work.
- GENERATORprojects invites everyone to come and make a mess and contribute to the creation of a collaborative mural on their gallery walls. Join the Paint Party, Friday 9 – Sunday 11 December.
- Join jewellery designer and social entrepreneur Stephanie Graham for a workshop and introduction to their work on jewellery as a tool of social reform. Two sessions available daily, Thursday 8 – Sunday 11 December.
- Learn how to use ScrapAntics’ Festival of Light creative packs to join the city wide community gallery at free creative workshops on Thursday 8 December and Saturday 10 December.
- Bring the whole family to Verdant Works for a day of arts and crafts, a special museum trail, face painting and more at the Christmas Family Fun Day, Saturday 18 December.
- If you’re looking to kick-start a new creative hobby before the new year, there’s still time to join a few day courses at Dundee Ceramics Workshop!
- DJCAD are hiring for an Events & Marketing Officer to manage and run the school’s events programme including degree shows. Apply for the position by Friday 16 December.
- The RSA are welcoming artists at all stages of their careers to submit work for consideration for their 197th Annual Exhibition running from Saturday 6 May next year. Deadline for submission: Sunday 26 February 2023.
- Upskill with a series of fully funded, online short courses from Abertay University on Climate Change, Carbon and Sustainability. Registration is now open and courses begin in the new year.
- A very exciting role has opened at DCA as Head of Exhibitions, developing and curating the gallery’s extensive programme of exhibitions, commissions and projects. Apply for this permanent position by Friday 23 December.
- Visit Gallery 48 before Wednesday 14 December to enjoy large scale paintings and purchase prints by Diamages.
- Head along to Ward Road or check-in daily on Instagram for Nomas* Projects’ current exhibition, Incarnari – God Made Flesh. 25 artists have been invited to respond to the theme of The Incarnation with their work displayed and shared each day of Advent.
- Pop along to Volk Gallery before Friday 16 December for their latest exhibition by ceramicist Rachel Simpson. Shaped by themes of loss and displacement, Rachel has created 50 polymer clay moths with accompanying photographic riso-prints.
- Explore the spirit and history of Carnival at the Lamb Gallery with their latest exhibition, Bacchanal – Le We Be Free – open until Saturday 4 February 2023.
- Dundee and Tay region creative and cultural practitioners/businesses! Share your views in a short survey to help us strengthen understanding of local needs and opportunities for development. Closes Friday 9 December.
- Tune in to Unclassified as Elizabeth Alker celebrates the music of Scottish ambient and experimental artists including Andrew Wasylyk, Kinbrae and Siôn Parkinson!
- Illustrator and printmaker Pamela Scott took us on a Dundee pub crawl through her very own prints, sharing a short video on what it is about these local institutions that inspires her.
Subscribe to our monthly News Mail Out for more events, features, opportunities and exciting content from Dundee!