This November, take part in a global campaign that raises awareness and takes action against gender-based violence.
Worldwide campaign 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence is held annually from 25 November to 10 December, with a programme of activities across Dundee to create awareness and promote action towards ending gender-based violence.
Every year, the Dundee Violence Against Women Partnership (DVAWP) works to deliver awareness-raising events as part of this campaign. In 2023, their programme is centred around the theme “Imagine if Dundee Listened… Discover a City without Gender-Based Violence”.
The programme will take place across the city from Fri 24 November, ending with the Look to the Future exhibition on Fri 8 December.
- Launch event at the Overgate Gather Space on Sat 25 November, featuring a range of support organisations, banner making for Reclaim the Night, arts and crafts, games, and other interactive stalls.
- A Reclaim the Night March starting at City Square on Mon 27 November, creating space to demand that women be able to move throughout public spaces at night safely and without fear. This year, you can also book tickets to join an event featuring speeches, poems and spoken word from influential individuals who are passionate about creating a safer world for everyone.
- Collaborative community art piece, We Believe You, from Reclaim the Streets Dundee and Dundee Women’s Hub will be on display at the University of Dundee School of Life Sciences, Life Space from Sat 25 Nov–Sun 10 Dec.
- A self-care afternoon hosted by Just Bee Productions at Meadowside St Paul’s Church, featuring massages, nail painting, self-care packages, and mental health and wellbeing stalls.
- Dundee International Women’s Centre will host the Look to the Future exhibition at the Wellgate Shopping Centre, displaying a collection of artworks created by learners for 16 Days of Activism.
Sat 25 November to Sun 10 December 2023