Open Call: Northern Lights at London Design Festival
For this year’s London Design Festival, V&A Dundee are partnering with Scottish Enterprise and Creative Dundee to deliver the installation Northern Lights, on show from 17-25 September at the foremost Festival hub, the Victoria and Albert Museum in South Kensington.
Rich, bold and confident, Scotland’s design creativity is making an ever greater impact. Ahead of their opening in 2018, V&A Dundee want to expose the current strengths of contemporary Scottish design talent and production, its vital role in our economy and its connectivity around the world.
Featuring the work of designers/manufacturers who have chosen to stay in Scotland to build their careers, Northern Lights makes a statement about contemporary Scottish design, encompassing a range of designers and manufacturers from a variety of commercial fields, including fashion, textiles, furniture, interiors, jewellery, product design, glass and ceramics.
First staged in 2003, the London Design Festival is one of the world’s most important annual design events. The festival programme is made up of over 400 events and exhibitions staged by hundreds of partner organisations across the design spectrum and from around the world
- Applicants should represent the fields of contemporary design or manufacture across fashion, textiles, furniture, interiors, jewellery, product design, glass or ceramics.
- Applicants must have been trading for at least one year and be operating their business from Scotland.
- Applicants can submit up to five pieces for consideration.
- Only completed pieces should be submitted for consideration.
- Please complete the Northern Lights Application Form.
- Please also provide photographs of (or links to) up to five pieces which you would like to submit for inclusion in ‘Northern Lights’ (email limit of 10MB).
The closing date for submissions is Monday 11 July at 5pm. Successful applicants will be notified on Friday 15 July.
Please send your completed submission to: email@example.com
It is recommended to use a file sharing site such as WeTransfer if emails are over 10MB.
The successful designers/manufacturers will be selected by a panel comprising V&A Dundee, Creative Dundee and Scottish Enterprise. Unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted directly, however feedback can be requested if required.