Here’s a full breakdown of opportunities, events and content available in Dundee over February! Subscribe to our News Mail Out and receive updates each month.
- Are you an artist, musician, community arts facilitator, or creative professional? On 9 February, Sorcha Pringle from Springboard Creative Arts will be hosting an online worksop on visual impairment awareness training for artists, make sure to book a place in advance!
- Designer and photographer Julie Cumming is inviting collaborators to join her in a series of photowalks to create images of Dundee’s traditional shop fronts and cafes.
- Hosted by the Abertay Historical Society, storyteller and author Erin Farley will be giving an online talk and live Q&A on 9 February at 7pm.
- On 23 February from 7-8 pm, we are delighted to be hosting an extra special PechaKucha Night in partnership with OutFest! We’ll be joined online by speakers from the LGBTQ+ community, who will be sharing their take on the theme of Love & Optimism, make sure to book a ticket!
- Andrew Wasylyk will take to the Gardyne Theatre stage with a mystery guest on 4 February accompanied by an eight piece ensemble and live visuals from local artist Tommy Perman.
- Throughout February, the University Of Dundee will be hosting a series of events to celebrate LGBTQ+ History Month, organised by Dundee Uni LGBT Staff Network!
- With a packed programme of events, OutFest is a celebration during LGBTQ+ History Month brought to the city by Dundee Pride and Shaper/Caper.
- Share the love! Treat yourself and partner, friend or family member this valentines to mug making for two at Dundee Ceramics Workshop on 16 and 19 February. Booking essential!
- Celebrate National Storytelling week and re-awaken your imagination with a writing workshop hosted by Ninewells Community Garden with writer Alex Turner on 5 February.
- Applications are now open for V&A Dundee’s special edition of their mentorship programme Work in Progress x Design for Our Times, a great chance to connect with established practitioners for advice, feedback and support, places available on a first come, first served basis.
- Open/Close Dundee are welcoming proposals from artists to create a large mural in Stobswell with a fee of £5,300, apply by 25 February.
- Emerging graduates can apply for a £1,000 bursary to exhibit at Pittenweem Arts Festival, the package includes an exhibition venue and accomodation. Deadline is 15 March.
- Creative Scotland and Engage Scotland have come together to create the Stephen Palmer Travel Bursary. Offering ten awards of £500, this award is open to; freelance artists, curators, producers, writers and educators at any stage in their career. Apply by 14 March.
- OuterSpaces are intersted in hearing from all kinds of creatives who may be interested in the use of meanwhile spaces across Scotland, subscribe to be part of their community and be the first to know about any upcoming opportunities!
- After a month of rest and respite GENERATORprojects will open its Annual Members Show for an evening preview on 10 February and run until 6 March.
- CULTIVATE Creative Practitioner Jade Anderson, invites you to Wee Wardrobe – a week long celebration of the stories our clothes hold. Visit the Wellgate Shopping Centre for drop in activities from 19-25 February!
- The Ignorant Art School – Sit-in #2: To Be Potential continues exploring education as the practice of freedom at the Cooper Gallery until 19 February.
- Love is in the air, submit a 20 second clip about what you love by 13 February to be featured in the International PechaKucha Day celebrations on 19 February.
- The ambient duo Kinbrae are releasing their new album– Birl of Unmap, created in collaboration with writer Clare Archibald on 11 February.
- For all of the typography lovers our there – you can have a nostalgic peruse through the archives of the Plastic Bag Museum. The collaction is run by artist Katrina Cobain who also wrote this text comissioned by GENERATORprojects.
- Scottish Dance Theatre presents The Life and Times – a visual meditation on our relationship with time and the power of creativity and imagination! See it at Dundee Rep Theatre on 11 and 12 February you can go along in person or watch the live stream from home
Subscribe to our monthly News Mail Out for more events, features, opportunities and exciting content from Dundee!