Sculpture Commission – Perth
Perth Museum & Art Gallery is looking to commission an artist to produce a new piece of sculpture for its public display area. As it will be on permanent display, located in a busy space at the centre of the Museum, this is the perfect chance for an artist to produce something with impact.
An open evening to discuss the commission will be held at Perth Museum and Art Gallery on Tuesday 9 Sept 2014 at 6:30pm.
The exact nature of the work is open to the artist but it should:
- Provide lighting for the gallery space- this is important as the sculpture will be the only light source in the proposed display area (inner rotunda space)
- Respond to and engage with the proposed gallery setting/a chosen aspect of Perth Museum & Art Gallery’s collections/building
- Include an interactive element for the public
- Be suitable for permanent display within a busy public gallery space
- Take relevant Health and Safety and maintenance implications into account
A full brief for the project can be found at www.pkc.gov.uk/museums or contact firstname.lastname@example.org – Jenny Kinnear.
Fee: £5,000 including fees, all materials and costs, VAT. This will be paid in instalments.
Submission deadline: 15th Sept 2014 at 17:00