Opportunity – Outplay Entertainment
Outplay Entertainment is currently looking to find a top class artist/animator to add to their expanding workforce.
Outplay set up in 2010 in Dundee by Edinburgh based brothers Richard and Douglas Hare. Before Outplay, the Hare brothers formed a Californian based studio called the Collective in 1997 having previously both worked for Virgin Interactive. In 2005 The Collective merged with Backbone Entertainment to become Foundation 9 and then in 2007 it was merged again with Shiny Entertainment to create Double Helix Games.
Outplay setting up in Dundee was seen as a major boost at a time when the city was suffering the blow from Realtime Worlds Collapse. It has focused itself on the popular social gaming market and has to date published 2 titles on Facebook – Word Trick and Booty Quest.
Outplay are currently hard at work developing new titles and if you would like a chance to join them for the ride, check out the details below.
Working with the team, you will apply your creative and technical art skills and flair to create fun, addictive games with visually compelling and distinctive designs.
You will help define the next generation of social mobile games.
What You’ll Do
– Help establish and maintain the creative vision for the next generation of social mobile games
– Produce concept sketches, illustrations and production artwork and animation in a variety of styles
– Contribute to visual design of game
– Collaborate with artists and illustrators both in-house and external to the studio
– Assist with skill development and mentoring of internal artists
– Help develop and manage asset pipelines
– Understand and enhance the company’s vision, culture and goals
What You Need
– 3+ years of digital illustration, graphic design and/or 2D animation experience
– Demonstrable flexibility in style ranging from cheerful, cartoon illustration to more detailed, grittier artwork
– Solid knowledge of, primarily, 2D art production and tools including Photoshop, Flash and Illustrator
– Knowledge of current mobile, Facebook and casual games and passion and vision to help craft the next generation of social mobile games
– Excellent communication and presentation skills
– Ready to adapt in a rapidly changing, fast-paced creative environment
– Able to take direction well and, as required, constructively provide direction and guidance to others
– Able to handle multiple responsibilities, collaborate and excel in small team environments
Other Stuff We Like
– Experience developing art for online, mobile, casual and/or social games
– Graphic design/UI skills
– 3D art and animation skills
– Game design and/or creative writing ability
– Understanding constraints and potential of technology
Be part of it!
Note: Must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United Kingdom and be willing to relocate to Dundee