Team Administrator Vacancy
Creative Dundee is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Team Administrator who is able to navigate a mix of administrative and financial bookkeeping duties!
We are looking for you to have excellent communication and organisational skills, a people person, who can support our small but well formed team with the successful delivery of Creative Dundee’s programme of activities, including Amps, over the next three years. Through this you will connect with the city’s most passionate advocates and supporters.
You will need fantastic IT skills to help us stay organised by providing project support and administrative capabilities; and you will have demonstrable administration, customer focused, and/or project coordination experience.
You will be able to work under pressure and be able to work using your own initiative to meet team deadlines. Our work is broad ranging and varied, therefore we need someone who loves adapting to a range of situations and can handle the demands of the role, prioritise tasks, and deliver them.
View and download the full job description here.
Creative Dundee Team Administrator
Creative Dundee joined Creative Scotland’s Regularly Funded Organisation network, which will support our ambitious programme of work over the next three years, from 2018 – 2021. We are now in the position to recruit some much needed administration capacity to complement our great small team.
- Support our Amps initiative by communicating with, assisting with retention and attraction of supporters; and also update and maintain accurate spreadsheets of contacts/payments.
- Maintain our financial bookkeeping processes – including raising and paying invoices using online banking, coding budget lines to specific projects, logging travel expenses, and using Xero, the financial record keeping software.
- Prepare quarterly management reports for our Board meetings using Xero to generate these.
- Ensure paperwork and reports are prepared for meetings and minutes are recorded as required; coordinate updates for partners with the Director in relation to Dundee’s Creative Industries Strategy.
- Support the team with correspondence to general enquiries and work with the team on specific projects which require administration tasks – including research, booking venues, travel and accommodation, word processing, printing, preparing documents, handling post, maintaining online filing systems, and using spreadsheets and databases. Keep up to date with GDPR and maintain/update our internal systems to meet regulations.
- Support the team with meetings and events, including helping set up rooms/venues and meet and greet attendees to make them feel welcome.
- Take part in regular team meetings and share your opinions when developing/ reviewing our plans/projects.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties, appropriate to your role.
Experience and requirements
- Administration experience in a similar environment is a key requirement, project coordination skills also highly desirable.
- Responsive and people-focused, with excellent communication skills – written and verbal – with the ability to build good relationships within the team and our network.
- Excellent computer literacy skills – using Excel, Word, Google Drive/Calendar, Mailchimp.
- Competent financial literacy and management skills – using spreadsheets and Xero are highly desirable.
- Self motivated and happy to work autonomously in a small high-performing team – with ability to multi-task, prioritise and work on your own initiative.
- Practical organisational skills, strong attention to detail and capable of setting up administrative systems.
- Keen to share your views and ideas within the team to develop better systems and solutions.
Working hours are 35 hours per week – from 9am – 5pm – working around occasional evenings if required – time will be covered in lieu.
Paid holiday entitlement is 25 days, plus public holidays. Pension contribution and annual training allowance.
Three year full time employment contract starting April 2018 – March 2021. The post holder will be subject to a formal probationary period of 3 months.
Team Administrator Job Description: Download here.
Closing date for applications:
5pm, Wednesday 7th March 2018
Interviews will take place Wednesday 14th March 2018.
Expected start date: early April 2018. Three year fixed term: April 2018 – March 2021
How To Apply:
Please detail your experiences and interests in working with us in an email, along with your CV to Gillian Easson, Director, Creative Dundee: email@example.com by the deadline: 5pm, Wednesday 7th March 2018.