OPPORTUNITY: Be a Digital Storyteller w/ Scottish Book Trust
Scottish Book Trust is looking for creative practitioners who have experience using digital technology to help people share stories. Working with local communities, Digital Storytellers will deliver a project that supports and enables participants to create their own digital stories. Where appropriate, stories created will be stored in library archives and shared via appropriate online platforms.
The project aims to help digital non-participants engage with technology and online culture. Scottish Book Trust will be running workshops to support people to create digital stories, introducing technology in a fun and creative way, the Digital Storytellers will lead the workshops. The residencies run for 9 months and the Digital Storytellers start by September.
The project has the following aims:
- Participants improve their digital skills
- Participants are more willing to digitally participate
- Participants increase their digital participation
- Individually, participants place more value on their voice and their story
- Collectively, participants and their communities place more value on their voices and their stories
- Libraries increase their commitment to sharing stories from their communities
- Candidates can specify more than one local authority that they’d be prepared to work in
Deadline for applications: Monday 23 July 2018 at 12pm
Check out their website for details and the application form. Remember to let them know which local authority you’re applying for on the cover letter!