Creative Dundee Amps
Amp up the community – with your voice and support we can make Dundee better for everyone!
Creative communities are vital to Dundee’s growing reputation as a global cultural hub. We’ve created the Amps project to involve everyone in creating a better way to build Dundee’s local creative scene, our communities and the future of the city.
This is not another membership programme, this is about using our collective forces to grow, nurture and celebrate creativity in Dundee for everyone. Most importantly, your support enables us to grow an innovative Community Ideas Fund, a cash award each October to kick-start a new collaboration between two or more Amps to benefit the city. You decide which project to award the funding to. Funding and voting is open to all Amps wherever you are.
Over 150 individuals and organisations have joined us as Amps Supporters, we greatly appreciate everyone’s support and you can find a public facing list of the Amps supporters below or go on this private page to find out more about the Amps community.
Amps is a close knit community of individuals and organisations who are actively interested in the direction of the city and share a strong sense of belonging to the city’s creative scene. – Amps supporter.
Becoming a Creative Dundee Amp:
Along with supporting the city’s creativity, the benefits include:
- A Community Ideas Fund awarded once a year to enable a new collaboration between Amps. 50% of your support goes towards this, so the more Amps there are, the bigger the Fund for Dundee will be! Find out more about the fund here, and the recipients of the 2017 Fund here and of the 2018 Fund here. Next Amps CIF event: 24 October 2019.
- An Annual Amps Forum to get together, celebrate and reflect on the past year, share what you do and your views on culture/creativity and Dundee’s scene. Join the night virtually also. Next Amps Forum: 5 December 2019.
- Regular Amps Breakfasts and Meet-Up events to meet other Amps, find new collaborators for the Community Ideas Fund, share updates on what you do and get behind the scenes insights into all the different things that Creative Dundee is developing in the city. Next Amps Meet-Up: 3 April 2019.
- An online community to share news, events and opportunities with other Amps, as well as to look for support and suggest discussion topics. Already an Amp? Join our Amps Facebook group here.
- Greater accessibility to digital content and events – your support enables us to have British Sign Language interpreters at future Pecha Kucha Nights, caption our original video content and enable people with disabilities to get accessible transport to attend our events.
- Pecha Kucha Night priority booking / reduced price tickets – As tickets increase for the first time in 4 years to £7, they will stay at £5 for Amps supporters. Next PKN: 28 May 2019 at Caird Hall.
- Special alerts to take part in events, new projects and behind the scenes opportunities.
- Amps enamel pin badge and online badge – lovely designed Amps supporters badges just for you.
You can choose to pay monthly or annually through either PayPal or Go Cardless, simply click through the option you would prefer below:
£40/year or £4/month
£20/year or £2/month
£100/year or £10/month
£200/year or £20/month
pay what you like...
If the cost is a barrier to becoming an Amp, you may still be able to join us thanks to Pay it Forwarders and City Supporters, also, if you would prefer to be invoiced for your Amps support, or would like to discuss a different form of support just let us know.
You can find our current Amps Supporters below.
Future Amps Dates:
Amps Breakfasts: 23 May and 29 August 2019, from 8am – 9.30am.
Amps Meet Ups: 3 April and 25 September 2019, from 6.30pm – 8pm. You can book your ticket for next meet- up here.
Amps Community Idea Fund event: 24 October 2019, from 6pm – 8pm.
Amps Annual Forum: 5 December 2019, from 6pm – 8pm.
Creative Dundee thanks everyone who supports Amps – using our collective forces to grow, nurture and celebrate creativity in Dundee for everyone!
Along with supporting the city’s creativity, our Amps supporters help us create a Community Ideas Fund and an annual Amps Forum in December. You can find out more about the Amps Community Ideas Fund here.
Thanks to ALL of our Amps supporters, including those who are happy to be listed here:
Aileen M Stackhouse, Alan Richardson, Alice Carnegie, Amber Keating, Blair Boyle, Charlie Kleboe-Rogers, Chris Trewartha, Cian Roche, Claire Dow, Colin Gray, Connor Finlayson, Dan Brown, David Cook, David McGovern, David P Scott, Ed Muirhead, Eleanor MacKeddie, Erin Farley, Gemma Connell, Graham Black, Heather Cassidy, Ian Abbott, Jasmine Holt, Jason Gabriel, Jane Finlayson, Jill Dye, John McCann, Kevin Briggs, Kevin Sinclair, Laura Darling, Linda Duncan, Louise Kirby, Lyall Bruce, Manuela de los Rios, Maya Abeysuriya, Mhairi Maxwell, Pamela Scott, Peta Cunningham, Rebecca Foy, Rebbeca Williamson, Rick Curran, Rodney Mountain, Ross Cameron, Sara Campbell, Scott Hudson, Scott McCallum, Sekai Machache, Theresa Lynn, Valentine Scarlett, Alistair Kerr, Julie Cumming.
Pay Forward Supporters: