Here’s a full breakdown of opportunities, events and content available in Dundee over March! Subscribe to our News Mail Out and receive updates each month.
- Audiophiles! Join likeminded pals for burgers and audio chat at the next Dundee Audio Social on Thursday 2 March at Rad Apples.
- Be the first to see ‘Rory & Julie’ a brand-new play from Luis Alçada at a work in progress reading on Thursday 2 March at Sweet@Dock Street Studios.
- Head down to Hunter S Thompson on Wednesday 15 March for the next Hotchpotch open-mic night and share your work with an always supportive crowd.
- Vote for which projects should receive a share of the £375,000 Dunndee Climate Fund! Split the fund amongst your favourite projects and those with the most votes come Monday 24 March will receive their requested funding.
- Have a browse at The Yard Dundee market on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 March or book a place for your own stall at upcoming monthly events.
- Dundee Women’s Festival returns, Saturday 4–Sunday 19 March, with a fantastic programme of fascinating, creative and inspiring events celebrating this year’s theme ‘Women Emerging Stronger’.
- Join CodeBase at their free Dundee event on Wednesday 8 March to learn more about their new Techscaler programme and how it will help facilitate growth and collaboration for startups in the city.
- On Saturday 11 March, hear from landscape artist Ellis O’Connor as she discusses her journeys to the High Arctic and creating art in powerful landscapes for her new exhibition at Discovery Point; ‘Facing the North‘.
- With spring well on its way head to the MAXwell Garden for a bumper crop of March workshops and events including an introduction to herbal medicine!
- Imagine a world without Gender-Based Violence with ScrapAntics and join them to create an art mural at free, open events on Friday 3, 10 & 17 March.
- Pop over to ReBoutique for some hands-on learning with their upcoming creative workshops on upcycling (Thursday 9 March) and visible mending (Saturday 25 March).
- Create your very own silver ring to cherish forever with Scarlett Erskine Jewellery but book quickly as there’s only a few spots left for the workshop on Sunday 26 March!
- Dundee Ceramics Workshop are searching for a new part-time Junior Ceramics Technician to join their team! Apply for the role by Monday 6 March.
- Digital artists aged 28 and under – don’t miss the chance to apply for Hotel Generation 2023 and the opportunity to receive mentoring from NEoN Digital Arts on developing an exhibition of your work. Applications close Monday 6 March.
- Apply now to design a Scottie dog sculpture for Scotties by the Sea; the 2023 Wild in Art trail through St Andrews and Northeast Fife costal communities raising money for Maggie’s. Submissions close Friday 31 March.
- Join Shaper/Caper’s new production, ‘Small Town Boys’, as a community cast member! No dancing experience required, just a passion for sharing LGBTQ+ history and the interest in trying something new. Applications close Sunday 2 April.
- Can the Keiller Centre be transformed into a vibrant new heart for the city centre? Have your say at the interactive ‘Future Keiller Centre‘ exhibition, open at the Federation Gallery until Saturday 4 March.
- Visit Tatha Gallery before Saturday 1 April for their latest exhibition ‘From Naboland to the Shoreline of Memory‘; a pairing of RSA 2022 prize winners, Reinhard Behrens and Sam Drake.
- Celebrate the legacy and work of legendary comics artist Ian Kennedy at the Lamb Gallery’s latest exhibition, running until Saturday 6 May.
- GENERATORprojects present an exhibition of newly commissioned works by Oktavia Schreiner and Murphy Scoular; ‘Certainty // Maybe‘ runs from Saturday 25 March.
- A great read from the V&A Dundee LGBTQ+ working group on their Lavender Labels project highlighting queer stories within the Scottish Design Galleries.
- Artist and fellow Amps supporter Sarah Rychtarova discusses her solo exhibition ‘Between Formlessness and Form’ with the team at Verdant Works.
- Anna Massie visits Dundee Soul Club for an insight into the world of Northern Soul for It’s a Small World on BBC Radio Scotland.
- Transition Dundee have launched an urgent campaign to raise funds and keep the West End Community Fridge open. Support their fundraiser.
Subscribe to our monthly News Mail Out for more events, features, opportunities and exciting content from Dundee!