AMPS Community Ideas Fund 2018 // Submissions Open
The Amps Network is about to hit the two-year mark! Over this period we’ve collaborated and celebrated with 115 supporters, including students, individuals and organisations across the city. As we get close to October, we are proud to announce one of the best parts of the Amps calendar – the Community Ideas Fund is now open for applications!
The CIF is a given amount of funding awarded to a chosen project created as a collaboration between two or more individuals who are part of Amps. Then, at the Amps Forum on October 25th, each collaboration submitted will pitch to the entire group of supporters who will anonymously vote on their favourite. The winning project takes home all the collected money.
How much is the fund? Well, we have recently changed the system so that 50% of all contributions towards Amps make up the amount for which you can pitch. This October, that value is £1,500.
If you would like to meet other people who are part of Amps and discuss possible collaborations, you can join the Amps Breakfast on October 4th. You can read about last year’s winners, here!
The criteria for applications is very simple:
- It needs to be a collaboration between two or more supporters of the Amps community. If you are not one, you can join Amps by October 18th in order to still be eligible to pitch for the fund.
- The project needs to have creativity at the heart of it, whatever form it may take: visual arts, performance, design, digital media, print, public art/interventions, games design, etc…
- This is a fund for an experimental collaborative project – if you’ve got any questions about the eligibility of your idea – get in touch!
So, to recap:
- As of today, you can submit your Community Ideas Fund application here.
- CIF 2018: £1,500
- Amps Breakfast: 4th October
- Deadline for becoming an Amps supporter: 18th October
- Deadline for Applying to CIF: 18th October
- Amps Forum (project pitches): 25th October